OWNERS RESIDENCE · 4 RESORT VILLAS · DIVE BUSINESS WITH 2 DIVE SHOPS AND 3 BOATS
Nakia Resort & Taveuni Ocean Sports a beach front and ocean view property which are fully integrated businesses which are both award-winning and profitable. Taveuni Ocean Sports caters to Nakia Resort guests as well as other visitors to Taveuni Fiji and Vanua Levu. The Taveuni Ocean Sports’s main dive shop and marina is conveniently located close to the center of Taveuni Fiji, along Taveuni’s coastal road, where divers can board the fleet of dive boats which provide high speed access to the Rainbow Reef and other dive sites.
A secondary dive shop is also located on beach front and ocean view land, not far from many resorts and the airport in Matei. Both dive shops have kayaks and surfboards for use by resort guests and divers.
The resort and dive facilities are less than 12 years old, and all equipment has been replaced as needed to maintain the highest standards. Both businesses are thriving with a substantial number of repeat guests and divers. Staff of the resort and dive shop are fully trained, highly capable, and friendly local Fijians. TripAdvisor reviews attest to the quality of service.
Nakia Resort is built on 2 acres of elevated freehold land with expansive ocean and island views and comprises:
- Owners Residence, 165-square meter (1800-square foot) 2-bedroom/2-bath
- 2-bedroom/2-bath family bure, with two kings, a queen, and a double bed, renting for US$450 per night plus Fiji’s local 9% tax
- Three 1-bedroom/1-bath bures, each with a queen and single bed. Two bures rent for US$245 per night plus tax, while the bure with the best view rents for US$270 per night plus tax
- 12-meter fresh-water swimming pool.
- 150-square meter (1600-square foot) commercial kitchen/office building with a 40-seat outdoor, covered dining area overlooking the resort’s swimming pool and the Somosomo Strait.
An adjacent eight-acre parcel of land is leased which supports the resort’s organic farm and accommodates the following improvements:
- 30-square meter (323-square foot) farm building
- 25-square meter (270-square foot) storage/tool building and
- 15-square meter (160-square foot) hydro-electric turbine and generator shed.
Taveuni Ocean Sports main dive shop located on the ocean front with beach view is on lease about 400 meters south of Nakia. At 50-square meters this shop is fully-equipped with complete scuba gear for 30 divers and snorkeling gear for 20. TOS owns three custom-made aluminum dive boats as follows:
- “Super Fish”, a 12-meter (40-foot) custom aluminum dive boat, is powered by twin 200 hp, 4-stroke Suzuki, outboard engines. This vessel is fully shaded and built for comfort. “Super Fish” has four convenient platforms for entries/exits. It is perfect for local, two-tank charters on the Rainbow Reef and for longer-range voyages for advanced three-tank charters to unexplored waters.
- “Upwelling”, a 9–meter (30–foot) custom aluminum dive catamaran, powered by twin 150 hp, 4-stroke Suzuki, outboard engines, transports divers with comfort and ease. This vessel is fully shaded with ample dry storage, comfortable seating, and a user-friendly stern platform and boarding ladder for easy entries and exits.
- “Ika Lailai” (Tiny Fish), an 8-meter (26-foot) custom aluminum dive boat, is powered by a 200 hp, 4-stroke Suzuki, outboard engine. “Ika Lailai” is fully shaded with ample dry storage; comfortable, bench seating; and two exit areas for backward roll entries.
Power is supplied by Fiji Electric Authority. Unlimited fresh water is sourced from two artesian springs at a higher elevation which costs FJ$500 annually and is controlled by a Water Usage Agreement. The Resort is accessible via Recorded Easements which allow a graded driveway which is maintained at the expense of the Resort.
Asking Only 2.5 Million US Dollars